Nurture Groups and Nurturing Schools Information Session
Nurture Groups and Nurturing Schools
Information Session webinar
12th November at 7pm
(To follow: Nurture Training Programme will run in January)
This Information Session on Nurture Group Theory and Practice and Nurturing Schools is an introduction for school personnel to the theory behind Nurture Groups and how to engage in the practice of running a Nurture Group and being a Nurturing School.
During this session, the following will be addressed:
• The practicalities of setting up and running a nurture group – early years, primary and secondary
• An outline of up-to-date research in attachment theory and neuroscience
• Nurture Groups and child development and learning
• An introduction to the Boxall Profile and how it is used to refer children and young people, set targets and put in place practical strategies to address the challenges children have
• Linking to the curriculum
• Developing a whole-school nurturing approach - Nurturing Schools
• Monitoring and evaluation through a structured, evidence-based, planned approach
This Information Session will be of interest to those who wish to set up and run a nurture group or introduce nurture theory and practice across their whole school. It is also suitable for schools who want to adopt a more nurturing approach while working with children who have any, or all, of the following: social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties, low self-confidence, low self-esteem, low resilience, attachment issues, self-regulation difficulties and/or self-expression difficulties.
Following the Information Session, participants will have the opportunity to enrol in a full 'Nurture Group Theory and Practice Course', (January) with an option for accreditation as a Nurture Group Practitioner (on submission of an assignment). We will also be offering a complete Nurturing Schools Programme for those wishing to look at nurture and wellbeing across their whole school.
To register visit www.donegaledcentre.ie
Irish Times Article