Embedding ICT into Teaching, Learning and Assessment St. Patricks Carndonagh
Participants will explore a range of digital tools that they can easily integrate into their classroom. Simple changes in the teaching, learning and assessment tools can increase active learning, cut down on the time spent searching for resources and sources of information and facilitate engaging forms of assessment. Teachers will interact and experiment with an array of tools, websites and technologies while using these tools in activities that can be adapted and replicated in their own classrooms. Questions and issues explored in the course include:
- Where can my pupils access safe trustworthy information online?
- Available practical resources
- How can I make assessment an engaging component of my lessons?
- Online safety and cyberbullying resources
- Planning to embed Digital Technologies in teaching, learning and assessment using the Digital Learning Framework?
Other key areas of course include digital citizenship and internet safety, finding and selecting good quality digital content online and exploring the newly constructed Digital Learning Framework and how a school may go about creating their digital learning plan in this regard.
Participants must have their own or school activated i-pad