The Schools Procurement Unit (SPU) is the central support resource for providing guidance to all primary and post-primary schools (except ETB schools) on any procurement-related issue. The SPU delivers free advice and practical support to schools to help them achieve improvements in their procurement processes, practices and outcomes.
This webinar will be broken into three parts
Part one is an overview of the School Procurement Unit. It will outline:
• Procurement support for schools
• Examples of tools & assistances provided by SPUPart two will focus on Good Procurement Practice. It will look at:
• What is procurement?
• Key governance principles for your school
• The procurement process
• Managing the contractPart three will look at why getting Procurement done correctly is extremely important! This part will look at:
• 4 school-based procurement scenarios
• Being aware of your obligations
• Recognising the risks of getting it wrong
• Getting access to the best adviceRegister for this workshop: