Regional Briefing Seminar on Commencement of Children First Act 2015 & New Child Protection Procedures for Schools
• The commencement of the Children First Act 2015 and the publication of new Children First National Guidance on 11 December has necessitated changes to the existing Child Protection Procedures for schools which take into account the new Statutory Mandated Reporting and Child Safeguarding Requirements.
• IPPN has produced a synopsis of the changes for schools with supporting templates and has published a Resource Bundle on the topic of Child Protection. These reflect the implications of the full commencement of the Children First Act 2015, the Children First Guidelines 2017, changes to the DES Child Protection Procedures and the new DES Circular 0081/2017.
• The Board of Directors of IPPN has decided to offer a series of Briefing Seminars to be made available regionally to coincide with the requirement for schools to meet the new Child Safeguarding Statement requirements as set out in Chapter 8 of the new procedures by March 11th 2018.
• Co Donegal Education Centre will host a briefing seminar on Wednesday, February 28th from 4-5.30pm(tea/coffee upon arrival)
• This 1.5-hour seminar will focus on What Schools Need to Know / What Schools Need to Do so that they are compliant with the new Child Safeguarding Statement requirements.
This is an important CPD initiative on the topic of Child Protection. It represents a significant partnership opportunity for IPNN and Education Centres to facilitate a major CPD Project to support schools and Principals.
Registration online at www.donegaleducationcentre.ie
Please note: Due to the expected demand for places early registration is encouraged as a waiting list will be created. A second seminar may be offered at a later date subject to demand
|Course date||27-02-2018 4:00 am|
|End Date||27-02-2018 5:30 am|
|Location||The Silver Tassie Hotel, Letterkenny|